What does the Adult Guidance Service do?
Kilkenny Adult Guidance Service provides individuals and groups with an opportunity to identify, explore and review educational and career options. We offer a service which is:
- Free of Charge
- Friendly and Relaxed
- Comprehensive and up to date information on education and training courses.
- Career Information library including computer facilities.
- Information on funding and grants.
Advice and Guidance
- One-to-one and group guidance on options for learning and/or career progression.
- Skills training and education required for specific fields of employment.
- Exploration of interests and aptitudes using guidance tools.
- Assistance with C.V. preparation, application forms and interview techniques.
- Support in addressing issues that may be blocking progress.
- Information sessions to community groups.
Information, advice and guidance is provided to students on adult literacy, V.T.O.S., and community education programmes and on an outreach basis to other groups.
Click the icon below to download the Adult Guidance Winter Newsletter (.pdf format).
County Kilkenny Adult Guidance Service is based in Lower New Street, Kilkenny. In addition, we have Outreach Guidance Provision in Castlecomer and Callan:
Castlecomer - CKLP, Community Hall, Castlecomer, County Kilkenny. Contact Number: 056 4441966
Guidance Counsellor is available every Wednesday in Castlecomer.
|Callan - Droichead Family Resource Centre, The Friary Complex, Middle Street, Callan, County Kilkenny. Contact: 056 7755519|
Guidance Counsellor is available every Tuesday in Callan
Kilkenny Adult Guidance Service
Tel: 056 776 4448
Educational Guidance Counsellor/Co-ordinator:
Ms. Bernadette O'Rourke
Ms. Mary Rose Carr
Ms. Aisling Geraghty